 Publishing / 4346
Re: Deeplinking vs waiting for moderation vs impatience (was Re: nw mosic style
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 21:21:30 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

Perhaps it is the way in which input is given that affects how that input is
taken. hm?

Ya, you're right. The WAY input is given certainly does affect how input is
taken. In this case, the input "patience grasshopper", when spoken by a relative
newcomer, just totally rubbed me the wrong way and off I went, and off Travis
went in response, to boot. Cascading bad input styles.

Sorry about that, peeps.

Original point stands, though. Travis had a (what turns out to be a pretty
clever/neat) thing to share which I bet a LOT of people just blew right past
without seeing because it wasn't moderated yet and he couldn't wait a bit to
share it.

On the other hand, if he HAD waited for it to be moderated, someone else might
have spoiled his surprise by announcing it out from under him when they saw it.
We tend to do that here sometimes... sometimes that's good (as in someone never
ever posts about it) and sometimes it isn't.