 Publishing / 3650
Re: Shot by the Sheriff K. Loch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 14:01:24 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Burkhard Schloemer writes:
That's the point of moderation: nothing is seen publicly, until a moderator
has seen it and pushed 'OK'.
Anders Isaksson, Sweden

Now there we have a rather precise definition of "censorship", haven't we?
While I feel/know/hope Kevin isn't some sort of paranoid dictator and
certainly should have editorial rights and options on Brickshelf, I just
consider the general concept of "suspicious, unless proven not-guilty"
wrong, wrong, wrong. Even if it's just for a few hours or so the pics are
held - I'm not comfortable with it. Brickshelf isn't an airport where
everybody has to be searched for guns and drugs before entering a plane.
Having the same concept here won't make Brickshelf a better place.

Oh for Christ's sake.  I've stayed out of this discussion until now (it's
better for my blood pressure to avoid bickering) but this is just getting
ludicrous.  Look, it's Kevin's web site to do with as he sees fit.  Just
because he hasn't rejected images before doesn't mean he can't do it now.
Are people forgetting this fact?  He is within his bounds to do whatever the
heck he wants to do.  If he wants to delete every image and start from
scratch, he can do it.  If he wants to require us to dance the jig before he
approves the images, he can do it.  That we have this resource for image
display is a remarkably wonderful thing, and we should be thanking him, not
vilifying him.

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com