 Publishing / 2117
Re: Photographing Lego's? Go digital.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 21:40:24 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Marc Cook writes:
In lugnet.publish, Matthew Miller writes:
M.A. Cook <marccook@mindspring.net> wrote: • [snip]
Nice shots, btw.
Matthew Miller

Thank you Matthew!
Yes I used a 3 point light system. Basically a back light (a light angled to
luminate the model from the rear -- this seems useless but it really helps the
edges of a model stand out. Next the primary light (a direct light source
pointed at the model - generally the bightest light). Finally a fill light
source (basically at 45 to 90 degrees from the primary light).  This light will
fill in dark shadows -- or in some cases create them giving your model dept.

Digital cameras work great in low light --- a tripod is a MUST to avoid
the shot being blurry.

- Marc

I have found that Mirrors work much 'cooler'. I have
three large(5") Makeup-Mirrors with magnify side and
regular. Plus a whole bag of small single side 2"
Mirrors on stands. Works great as you can place them
around the Model and even inside bigger ones to add
light Trans'Parts and Faces. Check this
Not Post-editing that's the Shot, only Sun with mirrors.
or this one I used several mirrors to highlight the ship
You can see the round edge of one of the reflected light
on front side.

Stay Cool
DaveG