 Publishing / 206
  Soliciting comments (and help) with online form

Ok, been playing with a javascript form today and I think it's fairly nifty. No super-duper backend database or anything, but it does fulfill a couple of the requests I've had so far for making selecting quantities and items easier. Here's the (...) (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Soliciting comments (and help) with online form

(...) 3,7,17 are all prime numbers - maybe that helps. lessee: 2,3,5,7,11,13,17,19.... Not any particular order in the way they're picked from that row, I think. Do you run on P60 w/bug, by any chance? Or it could just be binary/decimal conversion (...) (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Soliciting comments (and help) with online form

(...) Thanks for the comments. Todd seems to have solved the problem, although I'm honest enough to admit that the whole thing is beyond me. Oddly enough, when I went back and looked at the old broke version it did bad math on some even numbers as (...) (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Soliciting comments (and help) with online form

(...) Roundoff error? Do your math in pennies and divide by 100 at the last minute. This is a known problem in some languages. Since decimal fractions are repeating binimals when represented in binary (that is .3 is not a closed form sum of any (...) (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Soliciting comments (and help) with online form

(...) *sigh* I can just hear my trig teacher laughing at me now since I must have told her a million times, "but Ms. Smith, who cares about math? I'm going to major in Latin and teach high school - I'll never need to do anything with numbers besides (...) (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Soliciting comments (and help) with online form

(...) It depends on the software. Packages like Mathematica will always get .35 x 3 right (unless they're told to use standard floating-point arithmetic). (...) Most popular lanuages in use today (JavaScript included) use 32- or 64-bit (...) (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Soliciting comments (and help) with online form

(...) try O'Reilly's Javascript, the definitive guide (mine has a rhino on the cover but there is probably a newer version now). A good book but the thing it really taught me is that there are too many differences between browsers to do useful (...) (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Soliciting comments (and help) with online form

(...) Yeah, I flipped through that one today - might pick it up after all. I usually think of the various O'Reilly's books as either reference books or more suitable for advanced users, and I'm definitely not advanced. Kinda disappointing to hear (...) (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Soliciting comments (and help) with online form

(...) Yes! On the stadium reference part of my Lego site is a small javascript to have a picture fly in from the top. Works perfectly on IE4, but is ignored by Netscape Communicator. (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Soliciting comments (and help) with online form

Also sprach Jim Hughes: : try O'Reilly's Javascript, the definitive guide (mine has a rhino on : the cover but there is probably a newer version now). A good book : but the thing it really taught me is that there are too many differences : between (...) (26 years ago, 15-Dec-98, to lugnet.publish)