 Publishing / 210
Re: Soliciting comments (and help) with online form
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 17:52:30 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lpien@ctp.IWANTNOSPAM.com> wrote:
This is a known problem in some languages. Since decimal fractions are
repeating binimals when represented in binary (that is .3 is not a
closed form sum of any combination of powers of two) sometimes roundoff
error creeps in. That is, .35 is not really .35, it is .1010101110 (or
whatever) binary, and if the language does not take it into account, you
get round off error.

*sigh*

I can just hear my trig teacher laughing at me now since I must have
told her a million times, "but Ms. Smith, who cares about math?  I'm
going to major in Latin and teach high school - I'll never need to do
anything with numbers besides average grades and balance my checkbook,
and I have a computer for that."

Anyone know a good Javascript book?  I'm heading over to bookpool.com
to see if I can find a good beginner (but not dummy) book - maybe
figure out how to actually create some of these simple things instead
of the sort of hit and miss canabalizing I'm doing now.  :)

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET