 Publishing / 207
Re: Soliciting comments (and help) with online form
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 13:41:19 GMT

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 05:58:10 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
wrote:

Ok, been playing with a javascript form today and I think it's fairly
nifty.  No super-duper backend database or anything, but it does
fulfill a couple of the requests I've had so far for making selecting
quantities and items easier.

Here's the address of the form:

http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/auction/test3.htm

Now, one thing I have noticed, and I don't quite understand it, is
this situation.  When I select this item:

Black 1x1 Shallow Cooking Pans w/Handle

And a quantity of 3, 7, 17, and some other higher odd numbers, but not
all of them, the math it does is wrong.  3 x .35 becomes 1.04, 7 x
.35 becomes 2.44, etc.  Any ideas why that is?  Or does it work for
other people?

Any comments and suggestions would be most appreciated.  I'm going to
put it away for the night and play with Photoshop - need to pretty
things up a bit since I'm actually paying for this site. :)

3,7,17 are all prime numbers - maybe that helps.

lessee: 2,3,5,7,11,13,17,19....

Not any particular order in the way they're picked from that row, I
think. Do you run on P60 w/bug, by any chance?

Or it could just be binary/decimal conversion artifacts.

HTH.

Jasper