 Publishing / 1724
Re: Load time on my website
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 15:22:01 GMT

I'm jealous of all your blue dome parts.  I only have a few (used here:
http://members.home.net/bhamilto1/city2/aquarium.htm)

Actually, it looks like you  have more of the actual dome parts (6 from what
I can tell) then I do (4)!  But I seem to have more of the straight panels!
Although it took me $500 and 10 Neptune Discovery Lab sets to get that many!

The domes are some of the few things that I have actually purchased from
other online traders!  I do actually BUY stuff every now and then!  (Blue
domes and large old technic tires mostly)

Troy

BTW:  I resized all of the "large" cad drawings down to 320x240.  The seem
to fit witht he site better.  But it leaves me another conundrum...they are
now only about 4-5kb each.  With the thumbnails being just about half that,
it leaves me wondering if the shorter load time is offset by the increased
latency of the overhead of requesting seperate thumbnails and main
images.....

The decisions never cease....ahh, my brain hurts!