 Publishing / 1720
Re: Load time on my website
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 03:54:25 GMT

Sorry, I don't know how to do it.  It certainly wouldn't aggrevate me • (with
my high-speed connection), but other people would probably avoid your site
because of it.  You should at least put up a message saying 'site updated • on
date x.  It is recommended that you do a refresh to view the latest
inventory.

The problem is that the site uses frames, and they would have to refresh
EVERY page, which is a pain at least in IE.

Also, inventory is continually updated, so it's not like there is one time,
Like every friday, that the page changes.

By the way, I would definitely be tempted to buy some of your parts except
for two factors:
- I wouldn't really want to send cash and the other payment forms are a
hassle.  I'm not sure what I would recommend though.  Credit cards are
expensive to process and checks are risky.  What if you allowed checks, • but
imposed a 10 day waiting period while they clear???

In the future I will set up an X account, which alot of people seem happy
with.  Unfortunately I am unable to open one at this time.  Soon though.  :)

P.S. I didn't see the black columns from Knight Lord's Castle.  Are you
keeping those.  I just got a another copy of this set and those were the
first parts to be integrated into my buildings (I used them on the annex • to
my12 story police station).

They are there, on the Bricks, Rounded page.  You probably missed them
because they aer one of the few pieces I don't have a picture for yet.  I've
sold these castle before, but in the past I kept the columns.  I've got a
nice big bag of them for myself (about 160!), but I really don't know what I
am going to do with them yet.  Although I did use 20 of them for the forward
guns on my new space ship....

Troy