 Publishing / 1722
Re: Load time on my website
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 05:39:46 GMT

I'm using 6 on my castle.  I have a hexegonal, romanesque collonade on the
middle tier ( http://members.home.net/bhamilto1/l1castle.htm)

Well, that looks to be a good use of the columns on the castle  ;)

Did you post photos of your space ship?

The ship is far from done.  I've only started the front module out of
atleast three modules necessary for the ship.  And of that, i've only got
the general frame done.

There is a directory of photos here:
http://troy.simplenet.com/lego/moc/new/images/

This one will give you an overview of the shape of the ship:
http://troy.simplenet.com/lego/moc/new/images/new003.jpg

And here is how the columns are used in the forward guns:
http://troy.simplenet.com/lego/moc/new/images/new016.jpg

The guns move forward and back, and are motorized (the picture was taken
before the motor was added).  When the ship is finished, there will be some
sort of gunport cover over the opening.

There will also be two more batteries of guns under the centerline of the
ship.  The green baseplates mark the centerline, and the plan is for the two
batteries to be placed under the two that are there now, so that the ship is
somewhat symetrical above and below the centerline.

But as I said, it is far from done.  As a matter of fact, I've completely
redesigned the frame of the ship.  The shape is the same, but the new one is
ALOT stronger so far.

Troy