 Publishing / 1719
Re: Load time on my website
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 03:44:50 GMT

Mike,

1. The pages that contian actual photos of items that aren't available in
LDRAW still load full size images, so that is probably why some of them
still take a while to load.  I'm hoping to have this fixed soon, but am
concentrating on getting the rest o the inventory in first.

2.  I think that I will resize them all down to 320x240.  Large enough i
think.  The 640x480 are rather large, and may not fit on everyones screen.

5.  I'll have to find my HTML book and look it up, something to do with
meta-refresh tags...

As for using a database and online ordering, that would be GREAT.  I've not
the time or the skill at the moment to implement it myself though.  I did
look into some of the "free" commerce sites, but they seemed to just be a
way to get you to use their merchant services.  I'd be happy with one that
just e-mailed me the orders, I don't need online credit card processing or
anything.  Not to mention they were a pain to use!  Had to manually enter
each item on a web page.  And they didn't track inventory at all!

Keep me informed as to how things are going at your end.  When I get soe
time, i'll probably start looking for a shopping cart script again.  I know
they are out there, as i've used them before, A long time ago....

Troy

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 23:42:13 GMT, "Troy Cefaratti"