 Publishing / 1650
Re: Can anyone give me some web site design advice?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 03:24:32 GMT

Thanks for the feedback.

I've been enjoying your web site recently.  It has nice organization and
plenty of stories.  When is "Lion's Cove" going to be complete?

Nobody I've asked is hot on guest books.  I suppose it doesn't hurt to leave
it in.

Shiri Dori <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi Brad,

In lugnet.publish, Brad Hamilton writes:
(I orignally posted part of this on Lugnet.general, but was directed • here)

Although I'm a programmer by trade, I actually blew off the whole web • site
thing until I really got the urge to share my LEGO creations.

Me too... I just started mine two months ago:
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/

With a little learning, I've managed to put together my site
(http://members.home.net/bhamilto1/).

However, I still feel like I have a lot to learn.

- Do people actually read text and descriptions, or do you go right for • the
pictures?  I tend to be a picture person myself, but do get a lot of
enjoyment when I occasionally read other peoples descriptions.

I tend to look first, then read, then (if I have time) look again. I enjoy
reading, especially if interesting/funny details about the model or the
process of creation are included. (If it's around a story I enjoy it even
more!)
I suggest, include a few words at the least. I hate to see a pic and not • to
understand what's going on with it.

- Do people like to see the pictures organized by subject matter or just • a
raw image directory?

Me - definitely subject organized.

- Do guest books make any sense?  I put one in a few weeks ago and about • 150
people have visited.  Only one person left anything in the guest book.

I'm not too big on these, but it's your choice.

-Shiri