 Publishing / 1344
Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 16:02:09 GMT

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999 16:50:33 GMT, "Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com>
wrote:

Check out Joshua Delahunty's review archive if you've never seen a site that
does frames right.  Joshua gives the person browsing the opportunity to see
the pages both ways -- framed and unframed.  It's the best of both worlds,
with no negatives that I can see.

To tell you the truth, I don't see the value added. Whenever you view
a review, the top frame changes to reflect the set. This means there
are no problems with URLs pointing to the main page, but it also means
that for every review you read, three HTML documents are downloaded
where one would have easily sufficed with the same functionality.

On top of all that, frames are used in such bad ways on the average
that even one or two really good uses of them would still be
overshadowed. Frames must DIE.

Jasper