 Dear LEGO / 908
Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 05:59:26 GMT

Brad Justus wrote:
<further clarification>

So let me reiterate. Our copyright and legal concerns (and again, I am
speaking lawyerless here) are focused on the inappropriate and unauthorized
publication or use of our intellectual property on other sites, not with
behavior arising from activity on our own (unless such behavior is clearly
unlawful, such as hacking into the server). On LEGO.com, we ask only that you
behave with courtesy and respect the experience as designed. Thank you.

Thanks for the further clarification! I think you'll find most of us to
be a lot more willing, even eager, to abide by intent and desire when
phrased this way, than to abide by it when phrased in legalese which we
know to be counterfactual. :-)

And I look forward to a redesigned website(1) and reeducation for
webjocks who stage in public. :-)

1 - no more shockwave, frames, graphics where text would do, and other
"kewl" stuff, one can hope! :-)