 Promotional / 708
Re: Sugar cookies with LEGO sets at Wal*Mart (was: Cookies ?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.promo
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 15:55:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Robert Horvath writes:
Hello,

This is a reply to an ancient thread (1999).  I went to the local "discount"
food store (Price Chopper) and it looks like they are clearing out a stock
of Danish sugar cookies that are packaged in a LEGO tin and have a promo set
inside in a box (in my case it was the 2849).

I looked on the tin for a best before date...could not find one...so the
kids and I cracked open the tin and ate some cookies (burp).  The cookies
are still good, the tin is nice and the set is a nice addition.  Not bad for
$4.99 Cdn (is that about $1.50 US nowadays with the freefall of our loonie?)

Some tins were bashed but there were also a number of mint tins.  Do you
think I should pick up some more?

Bob

   Sounds neat! If I saw those I'd buy a few to make a little pyramid
display and fill each with LEGO… But… I guess I've got a little bit too much
time on my hands!!!  ;)

   Sincerely,

                              --==Richard==--

You can reach me @ SHROUD_OF_KUNG_FU@Hotmail.com