 Promotional / 707
Re: Sugar cookies with LEGO sets at Wal*Mart (was: Cookies ?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.promo
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 14:48:30 GMT

Hello,

This is a reply to an ancient thread (1999).  I went to the local "discount"
food store (Price Chopper) and it looks like they are clearing out a stock
of Danish sugar cookies that are packaged in a LEGO tin and have a promo set
inside in a box (in my case it was the 2849).

I looked on the tin for a best before date...could not find one...so the
kids and I cracked open the tin and ate some cookies (burp).  The cookies
are still good, the tin is nice and the set is a nice addition.  Not bad for
$4.99 Cdn (is that about $1.50 US nowadays with the freefall of our loonie?)

Some tins were bashed but there were also a number of mint tins.  Do you
think I should pick up some more?

Bob

In lugnet.loc.ca, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.loc.ca, Oliver Giesen writes:
G'Day
Saw somehting interesting at WalMart, Danish sugar cookie tins, with a Lgeo
set inside.  They seem to be the small sets that are part of the action pack
series (288x).
Only bought one so far, but has any one else seen these ?

[snipped non-cookie stuff]

That's sweet!  Is this a new promotion?  News to me!

--Todd

[followups to lugnet.loc.ca,lugnet.promo]