 Promotional / 260 (-10)
  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

Yeah, but it all started with the videogame didn´t it? I read that the idea for pokémon came in 1995, when the game started to be developed. Perhaps the anime came before the game. I think it did, because the "pokémon" show was on the TV news when (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Cote Dor Christmas promo sets!

(...) Happening here (ie, .nl itself) as well. Though actually, this year there was very little sinterklaas decoration in the shops, but the santa claus junk was even less this year (which is a reversal of trends). My guess is that retailers are (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

[moving to off-topic.fun] (...) There is also a manga(comic) version. Oh, and I don't think it is the "geek" crowd that is collecting the cards; I think it is mostly kids and the anime fans who like Pokemon. Now why can't the good stuff like (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Cote Dor Christmas promo sets!

Op een zekere dag, te weten Sun, 26 Dec 1999 00:32:01 GMT, klom jasper@janssen.dynip.com (Jasper Janssen) in het toetsenbord en schreef ons: (...) Hmm, I'm a AFOL dutchman living in Austria (Vienna), but I didn't see these promos. Have to look more (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

(...) It's also a cartoon (anime - japanese animation), and, most importantly in geek circles (I think), it's a collectable card game, rather like Magic the Gathering. The official Pokemon web site: (URL) apparently covers the videogames, comics, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

(...) It´s a fun, great video game from Nintendo. You collect and train small monsters (Pocket Monsters). When they are strong enough, you can battle other trainers, and earn badges. If that´s not enough, there are 150 kinds of pokémon. Besides (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

But Pokémon is *so* fun! I got the Red version this cristmas, and I can´t stop playing! I´m hooked! Kya Morden wrote: <SNIP> (...) Hmm... Hello Kitty? Well, I guess it´s bigger in Japan than here in Sweden, I´ve never seen any Kitty stuff here. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Cote Dor Christmas promo sets!

(...) Wow, they have sinterklaas in Austria? I've always heard it was a Dutch/North-Belgium/...rn-Germany habit. Sure it wasn't from thereabouts? Jasper (25 years ago, 26-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  WTT: 3438 for 1254

I have one 3438 McDonald's Restaurant that I would like to trade for one 1254 Shell Select Shop. Russell Clark (URL) 39423705 (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Cote Dor Christmas promo sets!

Hi, A friend of mine has just come back from Austria and brought me some Cote Dor chocolate with free lego! The pack is entitled 'Sinterklass mix' I have a number of sets including 2881 and 2887. Jason (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact