 Pirates / 352
Re: Palm Trees: old segmented vs. new one piece
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:23:10 GMT

Frank Filz wrote in message ...

Yes, the old palm tree is better. This is a great set <<5938>>  for
clearance. It has an old palm tree (currently would get you at least $1 on
auction, 4 blue 2x2x3 steep slopes (to go with the new castle 2x2x3 steep
slope corners) which should get at least $1 for the 4 on auction, a skeleton
(another $1), a black treasure chest (should go for better than $0.20,
possibly $0.50 or more), a black 1x3 double inverse slope, several tan
pieces, etc. In short, you should easily be able to recover $5+ on auction
(or even parts sale) pretty easily if you buy a bunch of these. I regret not
buying all 16 that I saw at one Target on clearance last summer (only bought
8).

Mmmm.  Good little set for parts indeed.  Further to my previous post on
looking for 2x2x3 steep slopes, I picked up two of these at a slight
discount, to help wall the upper deck of the new and rather worthy pirate
ship.

Two sand coloured plates - always good for beaches :-)

Ditto on the palm tree stuff.  I give the new jr'd ones straight to my kids
to use.  The jr'd ones are no use to me at all.  Still, I don't feel an
almost overwhelming desire to do unspeakable things to them.  Not like, say,
Timmies....

Richard
Still baldly going...

Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/
Note the change in URL - Port Block is moving over the next month or so (to
new and larger accommodations)
Do adjust your set.