 Pirates / 3495 (-20)
  Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

That movie rocked. Most scenes of that movie would be doable in Lego; The Eldorado fortress itself basically recreates the Pirates attacking the "imperials" at the beginning of the movie. (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Foot Artillery

(...) Impressive. Port Block's contacts in the merchant service have brought back reports of this military buildup. Our tradesmen and engineers are working around the clock to redress the balance. :-) Building on your 4 to 5 thingie, these are (...) (21 years ago, 9-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

(...) Talking tattoos and deadly piranha poodles? Somehow I can't quite believe it... (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Ahoy! (...) So far I've seen just trailers for this movie, but it is defintely one which I will see in the theatre. When I was young (back in 1990) I was very much inspired by "The Secret of Monkey Island™" by LucasArts. This is the very best (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Foot Artillery

The Grand Armie of the South Pacifique now has heavy artillery! Gun carriages, two seat limbers, caisson... (URL) Click here for the Foot Artillerie page>> Check out more pics and details (URL) here>. Cheers Richie Dulin (2 URLs) Port Brique (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Chinese Taxi

In lugnet.pirates, David Laswell wrote: -snip- (...) That might make it steadier, but the traditional rickshaw design is for a bar in front of the driver (is that what you call him)... it's much easier to push against the bar that it would be to (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Chinese Taxi

(...) It'll be not bit, but VERY tricky. (URL) There you go. Cheers, Dean (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Chinese Taxi

(...) Umm...a Bechak has the bike's front wheel stuck on the back of the seat..... (...) Mhmm. (...) Heheheh. (...) I'll try that and see how it works. Yes, and I know that the money DOES look underguarded.....but the other officer's just got stuff (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Chinese Taxi

(...) So why didn't you? There are LEGO minifig bicycles, and while it might be a bit tricky to attach a carriage to the front of it, I'm sure it can be done. (...) I believe the term you're looking for is "rickshaw". Older designs are hand-pulled, (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Chinese Taxi

Ahoy! (URL) Folder> You will find lots of these taxis in China and the places. What I really wanted to make was an Indonesian Bechak, a wheeled carriage just like this one with a bicyclist on the behind the passenger who drives it instead of someone (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Double-Blind Pugh, the unluckiest pirate of them all.

(...) Absolutely! But because of the propensity sailors of the early nineteenth century seem to have for losing body parts, competition for those berths is quite fierce. When privateer captain Jane Hookhand claims that the Revenge sails shorthanded, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Double-Blind Pugh, the unluckiest pirate of them all.

(...) He gets first dibs on the handicapped parking at Pier Berth One... Hugh (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Double-Blind Pugh, the unluckiest pirate of them all.

(...) They have 'disabled' berths? :) Michael (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Horses & Carriages for Port Brique

(...) When I said 5 wide seat, I didn't mean 5-wide-car-thingie: Alas, my carriage seats are only 5x2 plates (3x2+2x2), as shown in: (URL) The plates in place, fitting snuggly between the wheels. The 5-wide car body is wider than 5 studs (5 studs is (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Horses & Carriages for Port Brique

(...) Nifty. What would help would be some pics from the top (or, angled from the top) after the 5 wide car thingie is included. Thanks for sharing! (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Double-Blind Pugh, the unluckiest pirate of them all.

(URL) Double-Blind Pugh, the unluckiest pirate of them all. Hookhand Jane's second mate aboard the Revenge, Double-Blind Pugh, is not much of a gunner, not much of a lookout, not that great aloft, and not even much of a navigator, but he does ensure (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Horses & Carriages for Port Brique

I've been expanding the Grand Armie of the South Pacifique, and developing some heavy artillery. Whilst building limbers, I discovered I could fit a five-wide seat between large carriage wheels. While this was all well and good for the Grand Armie, (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Gencon Prelim Report

Hi all, The GLUG contingent has returned from GenCon 2003. We are tired but wiser. I probably have more time than most considering everyone else is preparing for BrickFest 2003. But I, on the other hand, get to work. I am uploading the last of the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: BrickFest Pirate Game

(...) The AF needs some modification since it only has one gunport, it really needs a 2nd. It also gets a rotating cannon. (...) A BSB is actually Class 7 (or did you mean a RBR, which is Class 6). (...) Is this 3 or 4 center sections? We don't have (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

(...) I don't think it's out in Australia yet, but when it is, I'll probably go to see it. Ghost ship, y'reckon? A job for my Ogel skull heads maybe? And it's great if you're getting back into Pirates. We need more builders here. I suppose you can (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact