 Pirates / 3445 (-20)
  Re: New guy and a ship

(...) You've really captured a nice profile there. The curve of the stern castle is really quite graceful. Have you considered using inverse slopes to widen it a bit? More width would really help. I'd also recommend trying your hand at making some (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  New guy and a ship

Hello Pirate Folk! I usually lurk in the .town group and do mainly town building, but I have been interested in pirates lately. A friend of mine dropped off a bucket of misc. pieces, many of which were pirate elements. Ever since I've been tinkering (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: what do you think?

(...) I had the luck of finding someone selling a bunch of ITP sails cheap. I also have a variety of sails from various used LEGO lots (there is a pirate and a dragon sail using the same pattern as the ITP cutter square sail). The wall hanging from (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: what do you think?

(...) I feel about the same, Here is a link to my MOC Cutters: (URL) I am still working on their sails, any suggestioms? Hugh (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: what do you think?

(...) ...<snip>... (...) For me, I prefer to build relatively normal size ships. This is because of my interest in Evil Stevie's Pirate Game. I certainly admire the more realistic ships, and might even have an interest in trying my hand at such, but (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: new Pirates website

(...) Avast ye! Actually, it's pretty unlikely that pirates would have said 'crap' at all, that word not having entered the English language (at least, not with that meaning until the mid to late 19th century - well after the pirate heyday. But (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: new Pirates website

Well with a beginning like that, how can I *not* wait expectantly? 'Crap' say the pirates? Well, what do they know? : ) Can't wait to see this! Kenneth Tam Brickley's Cove (URL) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: new Pirates website

I look forward to seeing more from this site very soon! -Ben Harris (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: new Pirates website

I like the preview picture you have there. Steve (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  new Pirates website

Hello, Stay tuned for new Lego Pirates website "The Black Hawk" at: (URL) shgg. (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Talk like a Pirate Day - 19 Sept

(...) Arrrrr! (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  A shipspotters guide to Port Brique

Readers of .pirates will note many references to Port Brique and its vessels. Port Brique is currently home to fourteen seagoing vessels of various sizes, from the might of the Misérable to the marginal freeboard of the Sentinelle du Brique. This (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: HML Brig Demand, Revenge

(...) That was an adminstrative oversight. You know French beaurocracy.... Interestingly, the Royal Navy has just hung a 'For Sale' sign on the HMLS Intractable. With a bigger British Flagship due in the South Pacific soon, they find the (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: what do you think?

Ah, thank you for clarifying. I apologize for my mistake. -Ben Harris (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: what do you think?

(...) ...Misérable... :-) (...) By about 20mm... not much... I think the real benefit of custom sales is to be able to have smaller ones above the LEGO sized ones. (...) Common sense says that you lose playability when you go to large. But I reckon (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Talk like a Pirate Day - 19 Sept

(...) Those scurvy landlubber cowboys may have used it too, but it is authentic pirate talk. (A quick Google of 'hornswaggle pirate' gives a few references). Cheers Richie (2 URLs) Port Brique Somewhere in the South Pacifique (2 URLs) Misérable (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Who says nobody builds ships?

(...) Thank you. I had originally planned to make this a sailing ship for the 'Bulls' theme, but as time went on I realized the colors didn't fit too well with the Bulls. I'm pleased with how it turned out, but I'm still unsure of which lego castle (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: HML Brig Demand, Revenge

Well I've saved this post to last, as rightly or wrongly, I've got a bit of a soft spot for Port Brique –– now especially that British ships are putting into harbor. And what marvelous little ships, too -- Demand is incredible, I must say! What ship (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: New vessels set sail!

(...) "Real" Orion being the hunter? I don't know, sloops are awfully good hunters :-). (...) Darn right they do! I'd say they have good character about them... they strike me as really having hearts of... well, plastic -- but they're fine, fine (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What inspires you?

Sorry, owing to my whirlwind posting spree I'm going to economize this: 1. "Nelson and his Captains", by Ludvic Kennedy -- just great entertainment (with history)! 2. Naval history in general -- from Athens to Japan, it all draws me back to the sea. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact