 Pirates / 3427
Re: New vessels set sail!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 04:22:09 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Stephen Rowe wrote:
well, i finally got around to taking pictures of my ships. and, to follow up on
my own observation about posting creations, i give you, without further adieu,
Her Majesty's Frigate Reciprocity, and Her Majesty's Sloop Orion. (no
resemblance to the real orion)

"Real" Orion being the hunter? I don't know, sloops are awfully good hunters
:-).

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=49565n  (orion)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=49559   (reciprocity)

these 2 ships are fine examples of british ships. i tried to be as accurate as i
could be, and i have made many improvements over my first attempts at ships. the
Rec has 20 guns, while the Orion is a 14 gunner. they are both built for looking
good while being functional, at which they excell. :-)

Darn right they do! I'd say they have good character about them... they strike
me as really having hearts of... well, plastic -- but they're fine, fine ships!

i have also included a teaser pic of my other ship, as yet unnamed, which is
complete, but minus most of her crew.

the pic shows most of her, but not all. there will be more pics of her to come,
as soon as the impressment gangs return. :-) anyway, i tried to be accurate to
ships of the time, but one cannot do everything in Lego.

Plenty of ships had tough times filling crews -- the way I see it, it's very
accurate to the period! Can't wait to see more of this mystery ship!

It's good to have more of His Majesty's ships around, and especially such
handsome ships as these!

Cheers,

Kenneth Tam

Brickley's Cove