 Pirates / 3442
Re: what do you think?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:34:52 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Frank Filz wrote:
stephen rowe wrote:
this may be an odd question, but it stems from my thoughts on lego ships. so,
here we go: there are many sizes of ships that have been built, everything from
jolly boats to cutters to sloops to frigates to sail of the line. all have at
least a couple of examples rendered in lego. now, what do you think is the ideal
size for lego ships?. ...<snip>...
so, i guess it comes down to:
what size of ship do you prefer to build, and why?

For me, I prefer to build relatively normal size ships. This is because
of my interest in Evil Stevie's Pirate Game. I certainly admire the more
realistic ships, and might even have an interest in trying my hand at
such, but I still need to build more ships for the game, so my
preference is on that scale. Given that, and the realities of how the
campaign game scenario tends to run, my preference is actually targetted
to a subrange of that, to ships with no more than 2 center sections.

After Gen Con this weekend, I hope to post some pictures of my cutter
fleet (ships based on the small ship in 6277 Imperial Trading Post). It
is up to 23 ships (each with a different color scheme for the hull). I
have sails yet to build several more. I also have a new 12-wide ship
with one center section (and a 12-wide with 2 center sections in the
works - I thought I was going to complete it but then realized I
misjudged the location of the mast bracing).

Because my ships are built first for game use, they also tend to be
somewhat spartan on details, though I would like to work in a bit more
detail on the larger ships. My cutters are also all just very slight
modifications of the ITP cutter.

Frank

I feel about the same,  Here is a link to my MOC Cutters:

I am still working on their sails, any suggestioms?

Hugh