 Pirates / 3443
Re: what do you think?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:25:33 GMT

Don Cox wrote:
I feel about the same,  Here is a link to my MOC Cutters:

Nice ships.

I am still working on their sails, any suggestioms?

I had the luck of finding someone selling a bunch of ITP sails cheap. I
also have a variety of sails from various used LEGO lots (there is a
pirate and a dragon sail using the same pattern as the ITP cutter square
sail). The wall hanging from the Knight's Kingdom castle also works
nicely as a sail (I found a bunch of these on BrickLink or something
also). To use it, you do have to make a custom mast since the normal
mast doesn't have the right spacing for the spars. The triangular sails
from any of the larger pirate ships also work well. I also have four
sets of sails made by Sheree Rosenkrantz.

Of course I plan to use the new sail from the Adventurer's junk for
several cutters. You also get black and red 6x7 boat bow bricks in that
set which are nice.

Frank