 Pirates / 3420 (-20)
  Re: Talk like a Pirate Day - 19 Sept

(...) Hornswaggling? I think you are discombobulating your Black Sea Barracuda with your Fort Legorado, pardner! Kerry (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Who says nobody builds ships?

(...) Thanks. :) I really like your stuff. There was a thread a little while back about why pirate doesn't get built as (...) Thank you! Your compliments have actually made my day. I'm glad I could live up to said quality. I really like when people (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  RE: Talk like a Pirate Day - 19 Sept

Since we're on the topic of all things pirate-y, here's something that uproot your mizzenmast faster than a gale: (URL) I do hope that they at least taught your daughter Attila-the-Hun's Maxim of Piracy: Pillage first, THEN burn. Arrr! David Drew. (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Who says nobody builds ships?

Hello Ben, as a fellow lurker I say welcome! I really like your stuff. There was a thread a little while back about why pirate doesn't get built as often, I think everyone said it was that pirate needed a higher quality than the other themes. I say (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Talk like a Pirate Day - 19 Sept

(...) My daughter went on a school excursion last term to the (URL) National Maritime Museum>, and came home proudly bearing an official 'Certificate of Piracy'. One can only wonder why five year old girls need to know how to conduct acts of piracy. (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Talk like a Pirate Day - 19 Sept

(...) Or: "We decided then and there that what the world really needed was a new national holiday...." Hmmmm something doesn't seem quite right there.... ROSCO (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Talk like a Pirate Day - 19 Sept

(...) Ahoy and avast! Well blow me down! I'll be a keel-hauled swung from the yardarm and hung in a gibbet cage, me hearties if I can be seein' what effect this'll have. Sounds like some hornswaggling from scurvy dogs intent on parting buccaneers, (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Talk like a Pirate Day - 19 Sept

(...) Actually, what I can also say is that we need to install a "text-to-pirate-filter" on LUGnet that day that does word substitutions and random exclaimation interjections at punctual points (like those "jive filters" etc): (URL) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Who says nobody builds ships?

(...) Actually, I've been really frustrated with black. It's nearly impossible to photograph just like you said. Still, it looks very good in person and so I'll probably continue to use it in creations. (...) Thank you. Actually, my reasoning for (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Who says nobody builds ships?

(...) Hi! always great to add someone to the community, especially the .pirate community! (...) this is a nice small medieval style ship, with high fore and stern castles to fight from. also, the color scheme is nice, the only problem with black is (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Talk like a Pirate Day - 19 Sept

Ahoy, maties! Shiver me timbers! 19 Sept is Talk Like a Pirate Day! (URL) can I say but "Arrr!"?! Kerry (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Who says nobody builds ships?

(...) Lol, well, I've been active on many online communities in my time with most of them being oh so much less friendly than Lugnet. However, posting on Lugnet was the first time I ever consented to give my full legal name away online. I know that (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Who says nobody builds ships?

(...) Actually, I debated for some time whether or not to retain the foresail. In end I opted to do so simply because it gave the ship a bit of length and added a bit of 'structure' to the front the the vessel without me needing to expand the front (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Who says nobody builds ships?

Hello! (...) Welcome, this courage is always appreciated! And I don't know if much courage is needed to poste here. Nobody will rip off your head if he doesn't like your creations. And nobody has to be ashamed still playing with LEGO: We all do that (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Who says nobody builds ships?

(...) Nice work.The colour scheme is great, and the extended oars really look the part. To be pedantic, triangular foresails are not particularly castle-ish. Also, you can avoid fabric sails fraying if you glue along the cutting line (PVA glue is (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Who says nobody builds ships?

Hello hello! My name is Benjamin Harris and I'm a new poster here. I've been lurking for several years now, but I finally decided to work up the courage to share a couple of my creations with the folks here at Lugnet. Anyway, since both creations (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: What inspires you?

(...) In no particular order The tall ships on Sydney Harbour - especially the Bounty replica. Which I often got close to (sometimes almost too close to) when sailing with my late father. Maritime Museums. I love museums generally, but particularly (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: What inspires you?

(...) My inspirations are rather all over the place, not from any one area. 1) Haratio Hornblower (A&E special TV series, very well done!) 2) Nelson's Navy -great reference book about the height of the British Navy 3) Pirates of the Caribbean -2003 (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  What inspires you?

It was mentioned in a thread recently that inspiration for building pirate stuff is not as common as other threads. But if we all share our favorite movies, books, songs(?), etc then perhaps we can help inspire someone else. So list your 5 favorite (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: HML Brig Demand

(...) -snip- (...) Thanks! The Demand is now fitted out with a suit of blue and white sails, and is looking even nicer (IMHO!). Although the number of nice looking British ships is not to be sneezed at. (Surely, they're all regflagged frenchmen, (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact