 Pirates / 3403
Re: What inspires you?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:10:43 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Jason Spears wrote:
   It was mentioned in a thread recently that inspiration for building pirate stuff is not as common as other threads. But if we all share our favorite movies, books, songs(?), etc then perhaps we can help inspire someone else.

So list your 5 favorite pirate references.

My inspirations are rather all over the place, not from any one area.

1) Haratio Hornblower (A&E special TV series, very well done!) 2) Nelson’s Navy -great reference book about the height of the British Navy 3) Pirates of the Caribbean -2003 movie 4) not a book, movie, etc, but the lego 6285 BSB, it is just beautiful, and is such a great project ship. 5) Websites such as Port Block and Port Brique, helped me alot with my initial ships.

I will add one more, 6) any picture, drawing, painting, etc, of a sailing Man Of War! Just so inspiring!

thanks! steve

   Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG