 Pirates / 3375 (-20)
  HML Brig Demand

(URL) The third vessel of the Brikkish Squadron to arrive in Port Brique is the HMLBrig Demand. The Demand is sister ship to HM Brig Supply (the ship that founded Australia and the only brig in the first fleet). Check out more details and pics (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: 7416 Emperor's Ship for Adventurer's Orient Expedition Review

(...) I could bring some sails. What are you looking for? James (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: 7416 Emperor's Ship for Adventurer's Orient Expedition Review

(...) Sounds like a nice ship. I need to get several for the Pirate games at Gen Con (after a recent building spree I'm up to 19 cutters but am now out of sails). This ship sounds slightly larger than the ITP cutter, but not enough to affect the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: 7416 Emperor's Ship for Adventurer's Orient Expedition Review

(...) Oops, my bad. 6-wide bow piece. The ship at it's widest is eight-studs. -->Bruce<-- (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: 7416 Emperor's Ship for Adventurer's Orient Expedition Review

(...) -snip- (...) Standard 8-wide boat piece? You do mean 6-wide, don't you? (Though 8-wide would be so much cooler!). -snip- (...) Sounds like a great little vessel. Cheers Richie Dulin (2 URLs) Port Brique Somewhere in the South Pacifique (2 (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  7416 Emperor's Ship for Adventurer's Orient Expedition Review

7416 Emperor's Ship, 175 pieces, Adventurer's Orient Expedition I found this at Toys R Us (TRU) for $19.95 - the Lugnet database listing shows it for $30, which I presume is incorrect. Despite going on a mad spree of Lego buying at TRU and the (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: Shooting Cannons vs. Non-shooting - What's the story?

(...) Lego still has projectiles - they all just got bigger (2x2 round, rubber tipped Technic dart). Apparently the 1x1 round was considered too likely to create an eye injury or cause some other inadvertent accident. Whether such an injury ever (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Shooting Cannons vs. Non-shooting - What's the story?

I'm sure this has been discussed at length before (I've read some of the posts and not found a conclusive answer). From what I read in some posts from early January, Lego doesn't sell shooting cannons in the US for liability reasons (something about (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  HML Cutter Delusion

(URL) Yet another new vessel in Port Brique! (And more to come, too.) The Cutter Delusion, under the command of Alex P Hornriker, has joined the multitude of vessels in Port Brique's harbour. Read about it (and see the other pics) (URL) here>. (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jun-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: A day sail from Port Brique

(...) those are pretty cool, and they are more realistic than their lego counterparts. (...) hey, if no one thought outside the box, where would we be? (...) Blasphemy!!!! (much finger pointing!) ;-) (...) i agree, one is very limited by the size (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: A day sail from Port Brique

(...) Stuff still happens at Port Block, but not of the sail driven variety. Having built some large and small vessels on the narrow and wide hulls, design seemed a bit tapped out. As Richie notes, there has been some recent activity in the (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: A day sail from Port Brique

(...) -snip- (...) No tall ships recently, but Richard did bring along some small craft to Bricksmeet. Have a look at (URL). The longboat is made by cutting two rowboats very accurately (using a fretsaw and a jig made of Megablocks™), they aren't (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: A day sail from Port Brique

(...) there is quite a size difference between the two, seeing them relative to each other. (...) have not seen much from port block in a long time! does he still build ships? in any case, looked like a good time was had by all, except the Intracty, (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: A new vessel in Port Brique

In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote: -snip- (...) Or better still, (URL) (with the FTX fixed). Cheers Richie Dulin (2 URLs) Port Brique Somewhere in the South Pacifique (2 URLs) Misérable Building a safer South Pacifique (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  A day sail from Port Brique

Ahoy, The recent Bricksmeet 2003 was an opportunity for some of the folks from Port Brique to go on a bit of a day sail. Both the good guys (the French) and the bad guys (the Brikkish) were represented: Jacques Legeaux with the Misérable, and (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: A new vessel in Port Brique

Great ship! Good use of available bricks. Keep them sailing. Vice Admiral, His Excellence Amato Santiago Don, Lugnet # 1239 (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  A new vessel in Port Brique

Ahoy, Another privateer has turned up in Port Brique. It's not particularly big or impressive, but does have a couple of innovative features. The vessel is the Digne, and is is captioned by Guillaume Bishop. As would be expected, Bishop of Digne is (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: His Majesty's Loyal Privateer Lady Grace

Well, I am a fan of schooners, and it's nice to see another fore-and-aft vessel out there with a proper amount of privateer pop-guns. I'm looking forward to seeing the Lady Grace complete with sails. -->Bruce<-- (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: His Majesty's Loyal Privateer Lady Grace

(...) Ken, Very nice, it's definitely a schooner, and the cannons look darn good. I guess those cod-pirates are in for a surprise. Thanks, George (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: His Majesty's Loyal Privateer Lady Grace

(...) it's an *invisible* tiller. And that's an invisible boat too! : ) But let's not let that get around, there are pirates that would try to take advantage of her ladyship. As to the schooner rig, I'm generally not a big fan either, though in this (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact