 Pirates / 3270 (-20)
  Re: "Mieling" v1.5

(...) That's great! There's a bit more light in the pics too - it makes it much easier to make out the SNOT curved hull (which is very well done!) Cheers Richie (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship

Hi Nick, "Nick Oranzi" <cheez11111@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HCxup0.1EI2@lugnet.com... (...) looks a (...) Changing it to black will not enhance your design I think. I find that using a lot of black bricks does not make the shape of a (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

  "Mieling" v1.5

After reading your replies, i went back and did a few modifications to the hull to add more color and flavor. (URL) to the old one: (URL) call it v1.5 because i still plan to do a revision replacing the blue with brown or red after i order the (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Officer torso designs

Torso, I've uploaded some torso designs for officers to brickshelf. Five of them are based on the LEGO designed Governer/Admiral torso, but with colour changes, the other is for a particular French police inspector (although it ended up looking a (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Dagada Lautem Houses, 2nd Draft

(...) And do these dark skinned people happen to be tall and enjoy team sports? If so, perhaps you should populate the village with NBA players, e.g. (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: My Ships

(...) That's a lot of ships! I really like the Viking ship ... it looks so "busy", really gives the feel that something is going on (or at least, as much as little living Lego people could get on :)) Jeff Benson jbenso1@towson.edu (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship

(...) and this one is a beauty! The sweeping of the bow is amazing, the whole shape is nice and smooth and very "un-LEGOish". My only criticism is the overwhelming amount of black, as Don and Nathan have pointed out. (...) Blue looks okay, but I (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship

(...) I like it. I always like medieval ship models though you rarely see them posted. Good work. Perhaps add some colour contrast... God Bless, Nathan (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship

(...) The blue looks ok, there is too much black anyway, drowns out the detail. The overall look of the ship is great. I really like it. Great idea, good construction. Close to a 'junk' style vesel. Keep up the good work, Hugh (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

  "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship

The jahmong ambassador is on his way to Sirob on the "Mieling". The black, single sailed ship cuts through the waves speeding to its destination. This is my first large scale, all brick ship hull (URL) am thinking about changing the canopy to black (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

  Sails Parts Pack

With the re-release of the pirate line, How about doing a sails parts pack. They don't last as well as ABS bricks, especially with constant play from small children. I am also sure the perceived value to the buyer is a lot higher than your cost to (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Dagada Lautem Houses, 2nd Draft

(...) I was going to populate the huts, but I couldn't do it for 3 reasons. 1. I have only one pirate kit---Eldorado Fortress. 2. I have no islander figs. 3. The people who live there have dark skin, not yellow. Thanks. Cheers (*clink*) Dean (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Dagada Lautem Houses, 2nd Draft

Cool! You've got the basic feel of the huts down. Now, it would be cool if you made a proper village and populated them with islanders! :) -JHK (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.arch)

  Dagada Lautem Houses, 2nd Draft

Hi all, A very long time before I became a member of LUGNET, I built these Dagada Lautem houses. I got most of the idea first from a computer game, then from an Indonesian-style architecture book. One of the pictures in that folder is a shot from (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Lobsters and Frogs debate...

Ahoy, I wasn't going to reply... but: (...) Freeboard is the distance from the waterline to the gunnels (or from waterline to weather deck on a ship). Vessels with little freeboard tend not to do well in rough seas. Cheers Richie Dulin (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Lobsters and Frogs debate...

(...) True, True. if the seas got ugly, everything could go haywire. but, if you want to be succesful-gotta take those risks, dont you? (...) i have not forgot that, the rule about grounding. but i am not taking my ships in-well, a cutter might do, (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Dagada Lautem Houses

Hi all, A very long time before I became a member of LUGNET, I built these Dagada Lautem houses. I got most of the idea first from a computer game, then from an Indonesian-style architecture book. One of the pictures in that folder is a shot from (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Lobsters and Frogs debate...

Gentlemen, I've been watching this debate develop for a while... forgive my lengthy and belated commentary. (...) Ahh, dangerous words, those: "perfect plan"... a change in wind or bad luck on a reef and its bad business for the British. Though if (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ships (was Re: My Ships)

(...) I must agree... though I'm sure their majesty makes up for that ; ). I remain determined to one day build a 74 in 1 stud=1 foot, but there are *many* hurdles to overcome before I get there. Multiple gundecks SNOTed being one of them... I'll (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Ships

(...) <snip> (...) Oops. My apologies. It's just that there are so many Hornblocks, Hornbricks, Hornblockers and Hornbrickers around the place, I lose track. You'd almost think the English lacked imagination! ;-) <snip> (...) Of course it does! (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact