 Pirates / 3235 (-20)
  Re: Assault on the Hacienda

Good lord! Horse Guards must be informed of such a slaughter -- I pity the next of His Majesty's Ships to visit that port seeking rest and resupply! Love the fort -- and the water texturing is excellent. Good number of decapitations, too -- gotta (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Assault on the Hacienda

Submitted for your approval, the Imperial General's seaside hacienda, where he get away from the day-to-day grind of bringing justice to pirates. Watch as the sleepy beachfront is assaulted by a never-before encountered foe, the army of the Shogun! (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: my British squadron

(...) If it's a British squadron, you needn't worry -- I always blame my shortage of manpower on the fact that the small population of Britain is crewing the LARGEST and MOST SUCCESSFUL fleet of the period, and arguably the most successful relative (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Ships

Hi Don, Great work on the Viking raider -- like Richie says, it'd be great to see in in action! Who knows, a good shallow-draught landing boat could be useful in a multinational fleet... really good for getting up rivers, as I'm pretty certain (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Announcing the launch

Hi Mike, Well, once again, just a splendid piece of building. And hats off to the excellent custom work you managed with Utile Plast -- I really think you should give lessons to us lesser mortals in that regard... : ) And of course, excellent choice (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Ships

(...) Thanks for the Bomb Ketch pictures! that is going to be about the size of it...in fact, almost none of my ships will be bigger then that. However, i think i could handle the ships you have in harbor. because, here is my fleet: The British (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Announcing the launch

Hey thanks for all the praise. It makes the effort worthwhile. (...) The Oars, well. I wa sout bid on a large lot on Ebay, but the buyer was kind enough to sell me half the lot, then I purchased 10 at a very affordable C3 from wbuhr.de on Bricklink, (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Ships

(...) Yeah, i know its not for ship action. Like in Hornblower, he uses his bomb ketchs to rip apart a french corvette-privateer at anchor in a bay. my purposes for a bomb ketch is that the Privateer fleet in my storyline-well, its base is the wreck (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Ships

(...) <snip> (...) Here's a link to a scale model of a bomb ketch: (URL) bomb ketch is rigged as a ship, but without a formast (ketch = 2 masts). Possibly converted from a frigate or sloop, but more likely purpose built. Historically, ketch's were (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Ships

(...) Blockade Port Brique? At the moment, it's missing a flagship, the light frigate /Eponine/ having recently been sunk. A replacement is currently under construction, but if you get in quickly, you'll only have the 12 gun brig /Madame Thenardier/ (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Ships

(...) I like the viking galley! Do you have plans for a small english village to raid? (The sail design looks more germanic than viking to my limited knowledge of such things - is it of scandinavian origin?) Cheers Richie (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: my British squadron

(...) Or man one broadside, and do anything with the sails... Or man one broadside, and repel boarders... :-) (...) No small ambition. If they weren't British, I'd wish you luck! ;-) (...) Have a look at my bomb ketch: (URL)Cannons. Oohh... I've got (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Ships

(...) Oh, sorry. i looked again and i see it has two masts. a bomb ketch is a cumbersome ship that has only three guns on each side. its sails are large and unweildy. lugsails, i think they are called. however, its main armorment is two large (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Announcing the launch

(...) Great looking ship, wonderful idea. Got a laugh seeing the 'prisoner/slaves'. Very refreshing. Keep up the good work. (...) your pix, Mike. Hugh (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Ships

(...) Look again, the Brig has two masts. (...) what does a bomb ketch look like? My fleet has American, British, French, Dutch/German and Spanish crews. No pix yet. (...) Thanks, when I get more parts, I will convert my other Viking ship to look (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My Ships

(...) wow! good job! i like the Viking and the Brig! (but i thought brigs had two masts....) well, im trying to put together a pirate like fleet, only its british. it contains: 1 brig, 2 cutters, 1 bomb ketch, 1 sloop and 1 frigate. maby i can (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  my British squadron

Ahoy, .Pirates! Well, i dont have any pictures to show for it yet, but i recently finished the re-fit of Goldfinch. Goldfinch is a really souped up 12-gun Aramada Flagship with two carronade on the quarter deck. no, i didnt use the lego cannons: i (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  My Ships

I just recently posted my 2-gun, two masted Brig and a Viking ship I did on Brickshelf. Please let me know what you think. I really enjoy building ships, I am currently doing 9 more single masted cutters. My link is: (URL) will bring my Pirate fleet (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Announcing the launch

(...) are awesome and the design of that boat is cool. I especially like it because it is different than most ships posted. You blow my only pirate kit (Eldorado Fortress) away! Outstanding job Mr. Swanson! Cheers (*clink*) Dean (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Announcing the launch

(...) Well, (it took me several times to perfect, but have no pictures. ) i created a duel masted-lateen rigged galley with two bowchasers. however, i had to give up the design after a while, and have transferred Hornblock to the atlantic South (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact