 Pirates / 3219
3218  |  3220
Subject:
my British squadron
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 12:57:52 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Ahoy, .Pirates!

Well, i dont have any pictures to show for it yet, but i recently finished the
re-fit of Goldfinch. Goldfinch is a really souped up 12-gun Aramada Flagship
with two carronade on the quarter deck. no, i didnt use the lego cannons: i
used small round bricks to simulate small six-pounders. it only has a crew of
twelve, but heck, thats decent: concidering that hopefully i wont have to man
both broadsides at once.

I have made several Galleys, but alas, i have no pictures to show for that
either. the last galley went up in flaming ruins when i realised that...well,
to put it in a nutshell, it is impossible to combine the designs of a sailing
ship and a galley into one and make it look nice.

However, i am trying to put together a fleet out of bricks. and i still need an
abundance of bricks left over, so hence, this is a fleet, or squadron, of small
ships.
what i am trying to build is: one Brig, two Cutters, one sloop, two bomb
ketchs, and a frigate.

To make these, though, i will have to use regular peices: my pirate peices are
exhausted.

So, i was wondering if any of you know how to make the following out of either
bricks, or odd peices, which i have an abundance of.

Masts.
Cannons.
Anchors.
Wheels.

That is all i can think of at the moment. i am currently working through
different hull designs, thanks to .Pirate!

Thanks for your help,

Commander Horatio Hornblock of HM sloop Goldfinch