 Pirates / 3220 (-20)
  Re: My Ships

(...) wow! good job! i like the Viking and the Brig! (but i thought brigs had two masts....) well, im trying to put together a pirate like fleet, only its british. it contains: 1 brig, 2 cutters, 1 bomb ketch, 1 sloop and 1 frigate. maby i can (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  my British squadron

Ahoy, .Pirates! Well, i dont have any pictures to show for it yet, but i recently finished the re-fit of Goldfinch. Goldfinch is a really souped up 12-gun Aramada Flagship with two carronade on the quarter deck. no, i didnt use the lego cannons: i (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  My Ships

I just recently posted my 2-gun, two masted Brig and a Viking ship I did on Brickshelf. Please let me know what you think. I really enjoy building ships, I am currently doing 9 more single masted cutters. My link is: (URL) will bring my Pirate fleet (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Announcing the launch

(...) are awesome and the design of that boat is cool. I especially like it because it is different than most ships posted. You blow my only pirate kit (Eldorado Fortress) away! Outstanding job Mr. Swanson! Cheers (*clink*) Dean (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Announcing the launch

(...) Well, (it took me several times to perfect, but have no pictures. ) i created a duel masted-lateen rigged galley with two bowchasers. however, i had to give up the design after a while, and have transferred Hornblock to the atlantic South (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Announcing the launch

(...) definitely well executed. The piratic crew with home-made turbans, jezail and torsos are great, and the oarsmen are a suitably varied mix. I'm looking forward to seeing the Moorish port to go with it! :-) Cheers Richie Dulin (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Announcing the launch

Hey there, This is my first posting. forgive errors. Having recently rediscovered the hobby I would like to announce the launch of the "Mort de la Mare", a lateen rigged C17th Xebec Corsair Galley out of Brickoli on the barbary coast. (URL) has been (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Sail and Flag Scans available on Brickshelf!

(...) Hi Manfred I was actually only concentrating on pirate and castle stuff for now. I have the capes and flags you mentioned for the royal knights, fright knights, etc.! I will probably add some of them to the lot. If people are interested in (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Sail and Flag Scans available on Brickshelf!

Hello Tom, That's good, a sail and soft material flag repository. There is also a smaller Royal Knights Lion flag (more a pennant), about 47 x 18 mm, with only 2 pointy ends and 2 flagpole-holes. It was included in set (URL) and in set (URL) might (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Sail and Flag Scans available on Brickshelf!

Hi All, I just wanted to let you know that I (finally) got around to putting up some scans of the different sails and flags for pirate ships, plus a couple related to castle. These are meant to be used for making your own sails to be used in your (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Shifty soldiers with dodgy shakos...

(...) I purchased mine at a market stall. Most of the boxes weren't sealed, so I checked all the pirate sets (and one or two others) to see which torso designs were included. The stall holder didn't mind too much, but his level of annoyance (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Shifty soldiers with dodgy shakos...

Aha! Shifty! The only Shifty I've found is of the black-and-gold sort -- found those a few years ago, and since the box showed them as regular red and white, I bought about 15 sets (little two-fig ones at a dollar store). Oh well -- so much for (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Shifty soldiers with dodgy shakos...

Ahoy! I've recently experimented with creating shakos out of sculpey. I am not entirely displeased with the results, and I have a few ideas on how they could be better produced. What better way to showcase dodgy shakos, than to put them on Shifty (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Return of the Swallows, Mission San Juan Capistrano, CA

The Mayor of San Juan Capistrano (Hon. John S. Gelff) along with Gerald J. Miller (Administrator of the San Juan Capistrano Mission) stop for a moment to admire a diaorama of the San Juan Mission crafterd entirely in LEGOs by members of the Southern (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Old pirate models

(...) Up until January 2002, I wasn't sure if it was going to be "Port Brique' or 'Port Brick', but following a prisoner exchange with Port Block, the French achieved a certain dominance... <snip> (...) It won't be long until my new French 28 is (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Old pirate models

(...) That's it? Puts Port Brique in a whole new light -- *very* well done to go from a small resource base to becoming the dominant French concentration in the South Pacific! (...) Very nifty -- it's like a microcosm of fortress design throughout (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Old pirate models

Ahoy! Sorting through some old stuff at home, I found some photos of models I'd built before I became active on LUGNET, and long before Port Brique was conceived. Way back in 1998(?), I had very few pirate sets (2 Imperial Bastions, the smallest (...) (22 years ago, 16-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate Project?

(...) I think its good. You should try to get something together along these lines, like i am with the CastleQuest project(Though its kreeping alont at a tiny pace, its getting done. Here is what i think would be a more streamlined version of this (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Return of the Swallows, Mission San Juan Capistrano, CA

Some of the SCLTC club members will be bringing a slightly enlarged "Pirates attacking the Mission" layout for this year's Return of the Swallows Cellebration at Mission San Juan Capistrano (expected size is 70" x 120"). The Pirate theme was (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Shipshull problems

I just placed some pix of my MOC 2-gun Brig on Brickshelf. Here is the link: (URL) me know if it helps. (...) (22 years ago, 8-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact