 Pirates / 3203
Re: Pirate Project?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 00:04:57 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Sean Devolites writes:
Wassssup All,
Being a good pirate fan, I was thinking.  Since there hasn't been to
much action in .pirate lately (some yes, but not enough) I was wondering
if it'd be cool to start a project.  Maybe like an army project where we
show all of our personal armies and their weapons and ships and stuff or
maybe something like forts.  I don't know an exact one, but would it be
a good idea?  LMKWYT.

Hasta la Vista, Sean

I think its good. You should try to get something together along these lines,
like i am with the CastleQuest project(Though its kreeping alont at a tiny
pace, its getting done.
Here is what i think would be a more streamlined version of this idea:
come up with a theme, such as this: It is the up to the British to storm a fort
overlooking a bay, in which is several frigates, battleships, merchantships,
etc of the French. But, the French have allied armies of French, Italian, and
Spanish gaurding the fort. So, its up to the crew of howmany ever ships to
storm the fort and fight their way through the armies, and its up to the ships
to capture all the Frenchmen.
All in all, not an easy task.
Something like that would be really cool, to me. but, of course, there is the
problem of how this would happen...it couldnt be played out like CQ if it is
going to have ships and battles and stuff, just for realistic sake (In CQ, you
mostly scout etc, so you it doesnt need to be real for battles.)

So, it would have to be at a convention or something, but it wouldnt have to
have rules, or it might if you wanted, etc etc etc.

Well, ill be glad to hear if something happens with this!

H.H.