 Pirates / 3136
Re: Pirate Project?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 23:38:57 GMT

Hi Sean,

I've been thinking along similar lines lately -- with the .space crowd
having their Moonbase, and the .trains folk having their... well... trains...

Anyway, I like the 'forts' idea -- or more precisely, a project where groups
of us start up little ports or forts with garrisons, ships... whatever. Then
we assemble a map of the world, much like the one Richard Parsons has at
Port Block -- http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/map/welcome.htm. Regional
group meetings could play host to run-ins between various garrisons'
expeditionary units, or some such thing.

All in good fun, without too much standardization -- different parts of the
world having different tech strengths and so on.

It may be a reasonable idea -- we've already got some ports online. Nothing
like imperial (and presumably piratic) expansion!

Kenneth Tam

In lugnet.pirates, Sean Devolites writes:
Wassssup All,
Being a good pirate fan, I was thinking.  Since there hasn't been to
much action in .pirate lately (some yes, but not enough) I was wondering
if it'd be cool to start a project.  Maybe like an army project where we
show all of our personal armies and their weapons and ships and stuff or
maybe something like forts.  I don't know an exact one, but would it be
a good idea?  LMKWYT.

Hasta la Vista, Sean