 Pirates / 3190 (-20)
  Re: MOC: WWII Japanese Heavy Cruiser "Takao"

This is too big to even comment on effectively. I could spend hours pouring ove the details of the deck and the functionality of the midship compartments alone (and probably will). Not to mention the historical detail...right down to the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: My friend's newly built homepage

(...) Jackie, Actually, the first time I looked at the Godfather section the buttons didn't work, so I just saw the first picture with Don Corleone and the small pictures in the lower left kept changing as the music played. Now for some reason it (...) (22 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Big oars, finally! (was: Re: FBTB's Coverage of NY Toy Fair 2003)

(...) Those have appeared in Belville sets before, but in orange. It's nice to see them in brown. Frank (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.year.2003, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Big oars, finally! (was: Re: FBTB's Coverage of NY Toy Fair 2003)

(...) A better look at (URL) shows big, lance-sized-plus, oars. Time for some real galleys! LFB (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.year.2003, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: My friend's newly built homepage

Hi Soren, John, Matt and Eric, Thanks very much on your replies and comments on Yicke's homepage. Sorry I am not able to reply to some of your questions though I am sure he will reply to you. One thing surprises him is that few of you seems (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My friend's newly built homepage

Wow. This is amazing for a first site. The creations: I love the dioramas. Very creative, good subject material. The Guts and Utena minifigs kick my butt. A little heavy on the paint for my taste but otherwise brilliant. The microscope is too cool. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My friend's newly built homepage

This Web Site is so Great!The Diaoramas are amazing! The pictures of the pirate and sailing ships are so increadible! The one with all the stormy weather! It's amazing! wow wow wow! The castle shot is nicely set up and the wild west with the Bang! (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My friend's newly built homepage

(...) Well, I must say he did an excellent job on his first page. (I've seriously got to learn how to code <html> and work with flash...) Of course, getting back on topic here, I found the dioramas page to be pretty interesting, but I was hoping (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MOC: WWII Japanese Heavy Cruiser "Takao"

(...) Apologies for the delayed feedback - I don't have time to peruse Lugnet as much as I would like. Anyway... congrats on the nice MOC. The superstructure seems a little more boxy than it should, but I love the flared effect on the bow. I was a (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Rainbow warriors

Hi! (...) Since I'm from Sweden i thought that blue and yellow uniforms with the three-pointed hats (in brown & black) would seem very nice (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My friend's newly built homepage

That's really cool! The website is superb- clean, but not too simple. The models and dioramas are great too. The photography is flawless, and the image-editing is great. Does Yicke have any tips on that? I'd like to now how to do those images! :) (...) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

(...) Then maybe it's beneficial to talk to some of the experts in this field, or at least take a look at their presentation and creations: Of course there are the many and versitile members of the Guild of BricksmithsTM, of wich (in my opinion) (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

Hi Jojo! off topic, but very nice to know :-) thanks, Daan (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

(...) MegaBlocks has done something like this with their "Dragons" line. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

Hi Daan! Slightly off topic but worth a note: Daan Bargerbos Lugnet#1589 Very cool member#! (URL) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

Jon Furman, very very v e r y impressive work you've made. I didn't had the change to see it earlier this week. But I have to join all the aubades: it's VERY inspiring work! Hope you will share more of this art with us. Thanks! Daan Bargerbos (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

Jon, You're right on the limitations of available colors. Of course, if this were an official set there are other colors that could be swapped in like some of those light yellows or the orangy-brown of the HP Privet Drive set. Unfortunately those (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

Larry, I think you are right on about the modern era town idea. These could still exist in a modern setting and work well in a tran or town layout! It would (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Provincial Village

Thanks Manfred, I'm encouraged by your compliments, and may start looking into the prospect of selling some of my own creations! Jon (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Provincial Village

Thank you Eric, I really appreciate your compliments and encouragement. Jon (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact