 Pirates / 3080 (-20)
  Re: Black Seas Barracuda - Hooray!

I got my Barracuda on Wednesday, at a Brisbane Lug meeting. I was so thrilled I put it together then and there. It's beautiful... just beautiful! It's now in the process of dismantling. I need the pieces! (...) I had these too, as well as a 1x8 (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.pirates)

  Black Seas Barracuda - Hooray!

Ahoy there me maties! Christmas sailed into my house in the form of a Black Seas Barracuda. It took me about 3-4 hours to put together whilst watching tv. I finished it off Christmas evening whilst watching the film "Jaws". Nice to see the BBC (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Best wishes to all Pirates, from the pirates....

(...) a pirate, but above all I wish everybody a peacefull 2003. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Best wishes to all Pirates, from the pirates....

(...) <snip> (...) Awesome! A very clever idea. ( and I'm envious of the figs, baseplates and BURPS too! :-) ) Cheers Richie (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Best wishes to all Pirates, from the pirates....

Hi Klaas, hi Lisanne! That's a nice picture! And that's a pretty big amount of BURPs and figs, by the way... I also wish you a happy new year. I'm too late for Christmas wishes now :-) Tschüß Jojo (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Best wishes to all Pirates, from the pirates....

(...) Hi Klaas, I hope you had a Merry Christmas and some time to rest from the stress of your job. Very nice done seasons greeting picture! Please let Lisanne know, she did a great job. With best wishes for 2003 to you and your family! Kind (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Best wishes to all Pirates, from the pirates....

Dude, that's cool! I love it. Very nice idea. Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year! -JHK (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Best wishes to all Pirates, from the pirates....

Hi everybody, My wishes in 3D! (URL) to daughter Lisanne for building most of the 'parades' [:-)] More details: (URL) H. Meijaard Lugnet 291 (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: The top hat shako

(...) Nifty! If I wasn't using my top hats for some of my midshipmen, I'd probably give it a shot. (...) service with Wellington: the Belgian style up to 1812 and the 'stovepipe' after (well, once the hats actually caught up to the army). The (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  The top hat shako

Ahoy and G'Day I've completed the first conversion of a top hat into a shako. I used a cutting disk for most of the cutting, tidying up with a craft knife and fine sandpaper. The removed brim was not salvagable (although it probably could be, if (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Pirate thoughts from the 2003 Adventurers line

(...) They can be used as a variety of Prussians with black, gray or white legs (I'm hardly an expert on Napoleonic uniforms) though I've simply refered to them as "Blackguards". I keep meaning to snag another 20 Redbeards - every now and then you (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate thoughts from the 2003 Adventurers line

(...) Yes, I'd noted the difference in height. I'll be going with a unit-by-unit differentiation for the Grande Armee. Real life shakos varied between units and over time considerably too. (...) I haven't had a problem with the cutting disk, but (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Sail images

(...) Hi Dean, I'm sorry I didn't catch this posting earlier. Here is the scan you wanted. (URL) did it like the last scan. The heavy lines are 1/2 inch apart and the small lines are 1/10 of an inch apart. I hope you can use this. If you need any (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Pirate thoughts from the 2003 Adventurers line

(...) Hey Richie, The bad guy torso doesn't have a gun. It has a strap across his chest with a pouch on it. The pouch has a flap on it. It could be taken as a shoulder holster, but there is no gun to be seen. You can see it pretty good in my pic on (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Pirate thoughts from the 2003 Adventurers line

An interesting pirate possibility is 7409. People have been making blackguards (or Brunswickers) from Captain Redbeard torsos for years - well, at least, I think they have :-). Anyway, it occurs to me that the new bad guy torso has a reasonable (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Solider buckets and bucketing soldiers (was Re: Design your own 1000 piece tub)

(...) Maybe 'most people not in Tom's circle' :-) Richie's circle is rather impressive affair in my experience. Largely happy and open-hearted folks too. Go figure. Not so auspicious a circle as the inestimable Tom no doubt (perish the thought), but (...) (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Design your own 1000 piece tub

In lugnet.general, Bruce Schlickbernd writes: <snip> (...) There are the 2x2 round flats with stripy pattern plus 2x2 round bricks which can attach to a minifig with a (LEGO of course) rubber band as a snare drum. Add a couple of lightsabre hilts as (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Design your own 1000 piece tub

(...) ROFL. (...) Maybe 'most pirate people' because that's where I crossposted :-) Cheers Richie (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Design your own 1000 piece tub

Now that's a bucket I would buy! Establishing a proper batallion would be *so* easy... one's head spins at the thought. I think I actually dreamed of such a set once... ; ) I'd definitely also want a plain Pirate version -- to pull together some (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Design your own 1000 piece tub

(...) The Lego version of "Bucket of Soldiers". I'd pull out some of the soldiers, add same cavalry and cannon with limbers, add same chrome breastplates and chrome helmets for cuirassiers, some bugles, flags and flagpoles...are there Lego drums? (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact