 Pirates / 3071
3070  |  3072
Subject:
The top hat shako
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 22:56:36 GMT

Ahoy and G'Day

I've completed the first conversion of a top hat into a shako.

I used a cutting disk for most of the cutting, tidying up with a craft knife
and fine sandpaper. The removed brim was not salvagable (although it
probably could be, if using a knife rather than a cutting disk), so I
haven't added a plume.

Despite the absence of bright sunlight, I've taken some pics contrasting the
top hat shako with the real LEGO one.

Face to face http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/PortBrique/s1.jpg

Side to side http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/PortBrique/s2.jpg

Side to side again http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/PortBrique/s3.jpg

Back to back http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/PortBrique/s5.jpg

I'm quite pleased with the result, and intend to trim down a few more top hats.

I think a plume would greatly add to the effect, as would a badge on the
front (hmmm...maybe a glued on coin?) similar to
http://www.wtj.com/games/articles/uniforms/nap/uk_line_03.JPG

Christmas cheer!

Richie