 Pirates / 2788
Re: The NEXT Pirates Legend (no whiners!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:45:26 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Manfred Moolhuysen writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Frank Filz writes:
Tell me about boats. For some stupid reason I bid on boats in auctions
early on. Someday I'll come up with a cool MOC to make out of a ton of
boats.

Hello Frank,

I've found another more close-up and detailled picture of the pontoon "Queen
Emma" bridge in Willemstad, Curaçao. On this picture you can clearly see the
small boat-shaped pontoons that carry this bridge. I believe that a surplus
of Pirate boats is a perfect base for such a MOC, either in a single row or
(for a more wide roadway) in a double row, stern to stern, with the bows
facing outwards. Nice feature about this brige is that they have to navigate
it out of the way to allow ships enter the harbour. Picture is here:

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/5574/photo2.html

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.
You can cut the link to get more pictures:

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/5574

That would be interesting bridge, but I don't have enough boats of the same
color!  :(

In regards to the harbor patrol, howabout it with:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6247

Lego could even make a deal to save if you buy both...

-JHK