 Pirates / 2355 (-20)
  Re: Start of New Bedford Whaler up on Brickshelf

Erik Olson wrote in message ... (...) Robin Sather made some Orcas (killer whales) for the VLC layout: (URL) Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths: (URL) Lego Web page: (URL) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Oars!

(...) Have you considered flex straws? That would eliminate the need for extenders, and would also give you lots of attachment options at the oar end. best LFB (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Oar else what?

(...) (URL) as wide a blade as Jacob's, of course. Dave! (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Oars!

This should have been in .pirates: What are some ideas for oars? Oarlocks particuiarly? Surely few get to the Isle without some rowing. A practical ship's oar goes to 10 or 12 long. Lego paddles are too short. I'm trying 1x10 plates, and lances with (...) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Start of New Bedford Whaler up on Brickshelf

(...) Hey. I'm searching for whales and not finding any. Someone here must have a whale! Where are all the whales? (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate dissertation (long!)

(...) Actually, it's my job(!), so it wasn't any big trouble. I'm happy to add to that list and/or provide other pointers as the need arises--it's before my period and on the other side of the Atlantic, but in the context of global history the (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate dissertation (long!)

Hi, Thanks everyone for all the input. Lindsay, you went well beyond the call of duty, very much appreciated! Thanks for pointing me towards those books, I hadn't heard of them before. Looks like I have a lot of reading ahead of me! thanks again (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate dissertation (long!)

Hi! Maggie scolded me for hanging around in .pun while a query went unanswered. :D What good is a historian who's too busy in the dairy to chime in? (...) Do you call it a dissertation there? We usually use that term only when speaking of the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate dissertation

G'day, Being a lowly High Schooler (though they say an abnormally bright one :), I'm a bit short when it comes to ideas for dissertations, but I can point out one thing that might be of importance - your definition of 'pirate' is going to have to (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate dissertation

Magnus, You might want to contact the United States Coast Guard. They have an archive of historical data dealing with piracy in U.S. coastal waters from their inception in the late 1700's. Most government documents can be retrieved back from those (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Pirate dissertation

Hello, I hope it is OK to post this to this newsgroup, apologies for lack of any lego content. I'm hoping some pirate history buffs may be able to give me some pointers for my upcoming University dissertation. I am a third year history student, (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  it came!!!!!!!!

yyy...yyyaaa...aaahh...hooo...ooo it came hehehehehehe i got a red beard runner!!! my first pirate ship!!!! i will sooon now the difference between the old and new. ah ya on the box the name is pirate battle ship but on the chart it says red beard (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: 6289 vs 6290 What's the difference?

(...) i think that when they first anounced that they were re-relesing sets someone said that the pirate sets had more weapons then the origanils i think (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  6289 vs 6290 What's the difference?

I just realized that the re-released Red Beard Runner has a different set number (6290) from the original (6289). The Lugnet set reference also indicates that the 6290 has 7 more pieces. Has anyone compared the two and figured out what the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  pointles happynes and other stuff

alright i finaly ordered a red beard runner from shop at home! its my first pirate set i've ever had thats mine 8 )!!!! its gona cost me all my money but oh well!! i also rebuilt my bigest ship for the fourth time. first it was a brig and a pirate (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: 6291 Armada Flagship - waddya reckon?

(...) Well, I did get mine for $25 U.S., but that was quite some time ago. Having several already and looking at $50 U.S. price tag hasn't motivated me to buy anymore. (...) The standard complaint is that the pirates should have the smaller, more (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: ISCC: Let your ideas take flight...

In case people missed this since it was announced to .contests only... This may well be the most ambitious (and richest, broadest, and potentially the funnest) contest ever staged in the LEGO world that wasn't put on by LEGO itself (and it surely (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.western, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build) !!

  Re: 6291 Armada Flagship - waddya reckon?

Hello, (...) "Armata" in Midage Latin means exactly: "army", "fleet". BTW: "armata" in East Europe languages (Polish, Czech, Russian) means cannon. (...) French "equipage" means ship's crew. (...) W. Kopalinski "Slownik wyrazow obcych i zwrotow (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: 6291 Armada Flagship - waddya reckon?

(...) Spanish preserves the second word of the Latin phrase "classis armata" for armed fleet. Armata is past participle of the verb armare, to arm. It follows the pattern where a name for a body part (here, the human upper extremity, arma) grows (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  plumes will fit in islander hats!

i just dicovered that plumes will fit in the islander hats. iside the clip that can hold feathers or horns is a little hole stick a plume in it and turn the hat side ways and tada you've got an islander with a pony tail! it would be cool to have (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact