 Pirates / 1366
Re: Does anyone know if pirates are coming back in 2001?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:09:59 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Sean Forbes writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Does this mean that a police boat counts as pirates? I think we need to
further specify that the boat needs to have a wooden hull to qualify.

He did explain that they would have to fight with something.  Excluding Police
except as a modern Armada.  The only fighting would be if the criminals
resisted.

Sean

There's always one isn't there?

Thanks for the support Sean :-)

However, I'm more than happy to entertain the idea of town pirates and steel
hulls, as long as they float about on SHIPS - 12 and 16 wide hulls (why not
wider ;-).  I'm not talking floaty boaty 6 and a bit, 8 and a bit or even 10
and a bit wide launch thingies, I mean the sort of vessels that take a while
to think about starting to go anywhere, and few miles to stop going anywhere.

I'd love to see a 16 wide pirate style sectioned hull with a nice sharp WWII
bow, and a broad flat low stern.....

Gotta stop now, getting entirely too keen :-)

Regards

Richard
Still baldly going...