 Pirates / 1360
Re: Does anyone know if pirates are coming back in 2001?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 08:14:15 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Gerry Venteicher writes:

When you think about it the Ninja theme was just as much Pirate as Castle.
Muskets and cannons were featured.

I understand where you were coming from, but to my mind, an essential part of
any Pirates theme would be SHIPS!  I don't really care what they fought with -
arrows, stones, fireships, rams, quicklime, carronades, self aiming 20mm
gatlings, exocets or emps - as long as they fought on or from .... SHIPS!

And before some bright spark tells me that some of the space themes would
qualify as Pirate on this basis, I mean ships that got wet ;-)

Regards

Richard
Still baldly going...