 People / Singles / 8
7  |  9
Subject:
can't believe I'm doing this...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.singles
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:47:02 GMT

I've been letting friends and family know that under no circumstances would I be
using the internet as a dating service.

(not that this is what I'm posting now)

Hi.  I'm Dave.

Age:    late 30's
Height: 6'1"
Place o' Residence:  somewhere in Canada.
Job:    Good one, thanks.
Interests: SCUBA diving, camping, canoeing, Everquest, repairing computer
systems, and what's that other thing...?

Beyond that, a singles group.  Kinda like it.

Here's a few questions for those in the same general boat as me--I'm pushing 40,
never been married and pretty much content with living on my own.  That said,
have many many married friends, and these friends have kids.  Knowing that
'uncle Dave' has dedicated his basement to his LEGO hobby, friends bring their
kids over all the time.  I actually look forward to these visits most of the
time.

Being an single AFOL, do you often have friends bringing their kids over to play
with your collection?  Are the kids sometimes destructive with your creations?
How do you handle other people's kids where your collection is concerned?

Dave K