 People / Singles / 10
Re: can't believe I'm doing this...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.singles
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:07:34 GMT

In lugnet.people.singles, Mike Kollross wrote:
snippage
Being an single AFOL, do you often have friends bringing their kids over to play
with your collection?  Are the kids sometimes destructive with your creations?
How do you handle other people's kids where your collection is concerned?

Dave K

Not single but friends bring their kids over to play with my collection.

I have a few rules the kids have to follow.

1)No taking apart anything that is already built.
2)If you are not sure were to put something away, leave it out.
3)Anything electronic (mindstorms, motors, trains ect) requires my presence at
least to set up and explain.

Apart from that they have free reign.  They usually make a huge mess but have a
great time.  As long as they don't mess up what I already have sorted, putting
away what they pulled out is easy.

Mike

Those are excellent ideas.

Thanks Mike.

To further this discussion about being single and an AFOL, does your chosen
hobby impact on your dating life?  Are you concerned about prospective dates
finding out that you 'still play with LEGO'?  Has a dating relationship ended
due to your hobby?  I've used the statement, "If a woman is not going to date me
because of the vehicle I drive, then that's a woman I wouldn't wwant to date."
Much like LEGO--she doesn't have to sit with me in the basement and build stuff,
but if she doesn't accept the idea that I like to create with LEGO, and makes an
issue of it, well, eh, I've been single before :)

Dave K