 People / LGBT / 53
Re: Is lgbt going to build a moc together?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.lgbt
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 02:21:59 GMT

In lugnet.people.lgbt, Steve DeCraemer wrote:
   In lugnet.people.lgbt, Edward Welsh wrote:
   In lugnet.people.lgbt, Steve DeCraemer wrote:
   Teddy and Company. Do you see the lgbt building a moc together for the next Brickfest event?

Splendid idea!

   something like a giant Wizard of Oz moc would be a bit more than I could handle.

I guess your threshold for “flaming” is a bit different from mine. I’d consider a giant Wizard of Oz moc to be subtle. A Chinese restaurant filled with drag queens, lesbian hair, and scantily clad minifigs would be flaming. But that’s just me.

The monochrome Times Square community moc sounds cool--The Lego Company could help our cause by putting out two new shades of gray. Kidding!

In contrast, how about a hide-a-rainbow moc? I’ve seen a lot of (often unintentional) use of the classic red-orange-yellow-green-blue-purple scheme; how much do you think we could hide in a small street scene? Or maybe not try to hide at all, and make the place look like Castro Street?

Other ideas? Let’s brainstorm!

-Teddy

I really do think we need to get input from as many people as possible. Right now we don’t really have to jump into anything to fast. Better ideas may come to us in a day or even a few weeks from now. Plus it would give those once a week lugnet fans more time to find us. If we do go with the Time Square idea could we do it pimarily in black and white and then do six buildings with just a dash of color. And I think if we went with the sandstone red, purple, blue and green I think it would work better in a black/white world. I like the new light yellow. They only make them (I think) in 2x4 but hey, consider it a challenge. The tough one would be trying to find a lighter orange, we could always use the dark orange. It would probably work o.k.

Steve

Maybe we should do a china town since we already have one reastraunt.

Oh I’m only doing the interior of the restaurant, so our minifigs will have a place to have a drink afterwards.

I like the Times Square idea, as well as the super gay Castro Street theme as well. Do you folks go to Brickfest every year?

Angela