 People / LGBT / 58
Re: Is lgbt going to build a moc together?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.lgbt
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 05:06:20 GMT

In lugnet.people.lgbt, Edward Welsh wrote:
   In lugnet.people.lgbt, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
   Hmmmmmm did someone say, follow the yellow brick road?

No! No!!!! Aaaah! FAAAAAAAAbulous!

Make sure you click through to http://www.bmts.com/~bccook/oz.htm, kiddies! Priceless!

   Couldn’t resist posting that MOC, but seriously, didn’t know there was a connection. Maybe someone could enlighten me before the winged monkeys come take me away. Please don’t tell me to ask the wizard.

The wizard is just an old fool. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Short answer: “Come out, come out, wherever you are.”

Funny, I re-read the text of my page, and must admit, had a little laugh at that quote from the movie when I was about to post. Seemed doubly fitting.

   Long answers: Click http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20030909.html to learn more about why Judy Garland is such a gay icon; I’ll add that many believe her death in 1969 sparked the Stonewall Riots, issuing in the modern gay rights era. And every time I watch “The Wizard of Oz,” the Scarecrow, Tin Woodsman, and especially the Cowardly Lion just get gayer. I mean, that number Bert Lahr (Lion) does at the gates to the Wizard’s palace is just about the minciest thing I’ve ever seen. “I’m just a dandy lion” ? Puh-lease.
(snip)

Well Teddy, thanks for the link. I had no idea, but I must say, it does make sense *now*. Although that page of mine has been up for awhile, I’m glad I had a good reason to post it. I’m also glad you enjoyed it. It was a favourite movie of mine growing up, and still is. For various reason, but now I have one more to add to the list.

Janey “Red Brick” Road