 Parts / Modification / 319
Re: Which glue?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.mod
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2007 10:26:19 GMT

In lugnet.parts.mod, Rob Hendrix wrote:

Super Glue makes a more viscous version of their glue that I've used.
It's been
a while, but IIRC it comes with a brush, too.

Glued luck,

[JOHN]

Has Super Glue been used very successfully keeping ABS parts bonded over
time?

-Rob
www.brickmodder.net

I've found cyanoacrylate 'Super Glue' isn't good at holding LEGO together for
long.  But, this is mainly down to the shiny surface of parts.  Where I've
sanded the edge of a push switch and fitted it into a train controller, it's an
incredibly tough bond.

What I've found best is Super Glue that comes with a pen for pre-treating
surfaces, specifically for glueing plastics.  The glue is ordinary
cyanoacrylate, so you can keep using the pen with any super glue.  I'm not sure
what it does to the surface, but it works.

Jason R