 Parts / 185
  Brick versions over the years

Has anyone made a summary of when the type of bricks changed over the years? I recently got hold of a large unsorted but very nice auction lot from the late 70s to early 80's, around the time when the mould design changed quite rapidly and often (...) (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.parts)

  Re: Brick versions over the years

(...) OK, no reply in 3 days, and my message is still the most recent post. I guess this group is dead. >Sigh< Stefan G (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.parts)

  Re: Brick versions over the years

The group is far from dead. Maybe no one has an answer, wants to answer, or hasn't read the post yet. The only person that I could think of offhand to answer your question since I can't answer (and probably not alot of people can answer that (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.parts)

  Re: Brick versions over the years

(...) Some parts are tracked in the Peeron database as to when they changed, like the "Plate 1 x 1 with Clip Vertical" (4085a, 4085b, 4085c), which had 3 versions (Type 1: 1979-1987, Type 2: 1987-1992, Type 3: 1993-present). Other types of changes, (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.parts)

  Re: Brick versions over the years

(...) Hey, sorry I usually don't hang around these here "parts". :-) Well you guys ask (and answered) some really tough questions.... In my (still!) upcoming Lego CD I will be discussing Lego parts mainly from 1949-80, although for some items I go (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.parts)

  Re: Brick versions over the years

(...) Thanks, Gary! I had the feeling someone else out there would be interested in this. Good to know I am not the only person to take an interest in vintage brick variations. :) (...) Has anyone tried to contact TLC in this matter? They ought to (...) (19 years ago, 28-Aug-05, to lugnet.parts)

  Re: Brick versions over the years

(...) I even have quite a few transitional ABS bricks with the old font, or at least a different type of stud decoration. (...) These are the years I was ignorantly calling "vintage". Sorry if I gave you the impression that I was talking about (...) (19 years ago, 28-Aug-05, to lugnet.parts)

  Re: Brick versions over the years

(...) Dave, Part of the problem is that there are no easy answers. The overlap in different mold variations for elements is so mixed up, to almost render any year/type mold/part statistics meaningless. Here are a few examples: 1) Waffle bottom (...) (19 years ago, 28-Aug-05, to lugnet.parts)