 Parts / 132
Re: Pat Pend Parts (3P)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:41:38 GMT

In lugnet.parts, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
In lugnet.parts, Didier Enjary wrote:
Hi,

I was sorting some old bricks and plates and was amazed to find so much Pat Pend
Parts (3P).

SNIP

Regards,

Didier

PAT PEND was found on Lego bricks and parts from 1958 until the mid-to-late
1960's.

I'm born '72. So I think my oldest part are 1975 (that's the reason why I
initially thought I don't possess 3P). I certainly bought these 3P on yardsales.

A friend mail me this link : http://users.skynet.be/fa074739/

The guy (from Belgium) is searching for 3P and talk about 3P from 1968 to 1975 -
I am disorientated - I'm not able to join this guy until now.

SNIP

During the PAT PEND era, Lego bricks were sold in red, white, blue, yellow,
black and clear.  Also starting in 1962, small plates were sold with PAT PEND in
red, white, blue, yellow, black, clear, gray, and (USA/Canada only) green.  Also
Lego sloped bricks were only found in red and blue during that era.

My friend also mail me this link to a BS gallery (Jan Katanek ?)

his assumption : "the early building stock of the Legoland modelmakers"

Besides bricks and plates, few Lego pieces have PAT PEND.  Here is a 1963-65
Architectural Set #751 with the patents listed on the box.  Since this set
contains ONLY bricks and plates, all patents are in reference to these parts.
Here they are:

ARGENTINA     Pat. No. 116,644
AUSTRALIA     Austr. Pat. 229,550
...SNIP

Hope that takes some of the mystery out of PAT PEND.

Yes, thanks a lot

Gary Istok

Didier Enjary