 Parts / 131
Re: Pat Pend Parts (3P)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 06:43:16 GMT

In lugnet.parts, Didier Enjary wrote:
Hi,

I was sorting some old bricks and plates and was amazed to find so much Pat Pend
Parts (3P).

I've found mainly 2x4 and 2x3 bricks because they are easy to distinguish (they
don't have ribs). I've found also some 2x2 and 2x8 bricks and surprisingly
plates.

So I've searched for some information on the web about 3P....and found not that
much. I have so many questions :

- Which colors 3P are ? I guess red and white are common 3P colors but what
about green for example ?

- Which parts ? Only bricks and plates were Pat Pend printed or all the parts
that composed the sets ?

- When ? What period covers the 3P ?

- Why ? I've not been able to find 3P list on Peeron or BL. Are 3P not
inventoried ? Nobody interested in 3P ? (to buy, to sell, to collecte...)

- And so many questions unanswered about Erased Pat Pend mark, period of the
splited tubes and others non-ribs bricks.

So, I'm just waiting for Gerhard R. Istok  CD-book :-)

Regards,

Didier

One other thing I didn't address was the different Lego bricks.  I am waiting
for a large group of 1949-56 Lego bricks from a Danish seller.  I will be
studying them for the different types.  But here is what I know of so far:

1949         No Tubes/Slotted Bricks/CA
1950-52      No Tubes/Slotted Bricks/CA
1953-56      No Tubes/Slotted Bricks/CA
1957         No Tubes/Old Lego Font/CA
1958-62      With Tubes/Old Lego Font/CA
1963-present With Tubes/New Lego Font/CA

The 1949 bricks do not say Lego anywhere on them.  The 1950-52 and 1953-56
bricks say Lego underneath, but in different designs.  Starting in 1957, Lego is
written on the brick studs.

Of the last 2 categories, the 1958-late 60's bricks have PAT PEND.

When I find out more about the old bricks, I will notify Clark Stephens - the
Database Admin for both Lugnet and Peeron.

Gary Istok