 Organizations / United States / SMART / 70 (-20)
  Notes from the November 2001 SMART meeting

Meeting Notes ===...=== Today we had our last SMART meeting of the year. The first hour or so we ran the sumo and puck gathering events with our improved robots. Some of the improvements were very interesting, and also quite good. We also got to (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Re: November SMART Meeting - tomorrow

Last reminder for tomorrow's meeting. Hope to see everyone there. -- David Schilling (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Re: November SMART Meeting

The next meeting is fast approaching. Date: November 17, 2001 at 2 pm Location: Redmond Regional Library Room 1 15990 NE 85th St Map: (URL) it's at the *Redmond* library this time. The mini-challenge is to improve the robots you built for the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  BotBall

Hello SMARTies, Remember the BotBall video that I showed a few months ago at our meeting? Well, BotBall is coming to town.  At the next SRS Robothon, May 2002, there will be a regional BotBall event.  Currently there are no local teams but we are (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  November SMART Meeting

In case you've forgotten, the next SMART meeting is in just two weeks, on Saturday November 17th, at 2pm. Note that there IS a change of location this time. We will be meeting at the **REDMOND** Regional Library this time. Here's a map: (URL) is (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Re: Code-only Line-tracking competition

(...) Yes, that is indeed how you must do it. But there are two things that make this more difficult: first of all, the surface is highly reflective (while the line itself is flat). You'll get a high percentage of light return even if the light (...) (23 years ago, 31-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Re: Code-only Line-tracking competition

(...) I don't know anything about this competition, but can't you just store the black line and the table as two different variables and have your program pick the halfway point and use that in its decision making when line-following? Of course, you (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.smart)

  RE: Code-only Line-tracking competition

(...) David, thanks for putting this contest on. I admit that I was intrigued when it was announced but did not have time to put an entry together. The idea of a code-only competition on a standard hardware platform is brilliant and opens up the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Re: Code-only Line-tracking competition

Well, it's been a few weeks since the Workshop 3D RCX Challenge, and all the other results were in a long time ago, but we finally have the results for the code-only event. Since tab characters seem to disappear in these posts, and a table is (...) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Line Maze Challenge!

Excerpt from SRS October Meeting Minutes: | We ran out of time to talk in detail about some of the Line Maze | robots that showed up to the meeting. Of the eight or nine robots | at the meeting, four or five were running (depending on your | (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Re: Photos of Workshop 3D RCX Challenge #3

(...) So, when will the results be available? As a participant in the code-only category I'm very curious how my program did, but I didn't see anything about the line tracking event yet, neither on the webcast nor among your pictures nor on the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.loc.us.wa)

  Photos of Workshop 3D RCX Challenge #3

Thanks to everyone that helped out, everyone that participated, and everyone that attended, the third Workshop 3D RCX Challenge was a phenomenal success. I don't know if it was an official count, but someone said there were over 30 participants, and (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.loc.us.wa)

  Web cam for Workshop3d RCX Challenge

For those trying to watch the Workshop 3D RCX Challenge on the web cam, the url was incorrect. Please use the following: (URL) for the inconvenience. -- David Schilling (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events)

  Re: WORKSHOP 3D LEGO RCX Challenge

Only two weeks left for building your entry to the Workshop 3D RCX Challenge! Make sure you register if you intend on bringing a robot! Check out (URL) for details, including how to register. And don't forget, the November SMART meeting (Nov. 17th) (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  September Meeting was Excellent

On Saturday we had a fantastic SMART meeting at the Renton Technical College after the SRS meeting. There were many participants who attended the SRS meeting and came back for the SMART meeting. Ray Freeman came and set up the Workshop3D RCX (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  September Meeting Details

On Saturday, September 15, SMART will have a meeting in Renton after the Seattle Robotics Society meeting. The SRS meeting is from 10am to noon. The SMART meeting will be from 1:30 to 3pm. We have to be out by 3:30pm. For those who plan to attend (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  WORKSHOP 3D LEGO RCX Challenge

Just in case anyone reading this group hasn't figured out yet that there will be a robot competition coming up soon in Seattle, consider this fair warning! You have only one month left to build your robot and program it! Check out (URL) for details, (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  September Meeting

SMART will have its September meeting on Saturday, the 15th at the Renton Technical Collage after the SRS meeting. The SRS meeting runs from 10am to noon. SMART will have their meeting from 1:30pm to 3pm. For this meeting we will be considered to be (...) (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  July Meeting Photos and Notes

Hello SMARTies, Sorry it has taken so long to get this on the net but I have been rather busy with trips and relatives and camps etc. To top it off, my AT&T cable modem has decided that it will only work when it feels like it, which is not very (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Botball demo at SRS meeting on 7/21

Hi Everyone, I just saw the following mail on the SRS mailing list. This Saturday, July 21, there will be a special demo of BotBall. This is the high school Lego competition that is taking place August 8 as part of the at AAAI convention in Seattle. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact