Subject:
September Meeting was Excellent
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 17:58:57 GMT

On Saturday we had a fantastic SMART meeting at the Renton Technical College
after the SRS meeting.  There were many participants who attended the SRS
meeting and came back for the SMART meeting.  Ray Freeman came and set up
the Workshop3D RCX Challenge arena so everyone could checkout what to
expect.  There were at least a couple of Sumo robots and there were several
(as many as five or six) excellent Line Tracking robots.  The standards for
Line Tracking has really taken off.  I brought several puck pickup
mechanisms to show what I'm currently experimenting with.

Regarding the Puck Gathering challenge, I want to emphasize that there are
many possible ways to approach this problem.  You are welcome to build a
pick up mechanism similar to my design but I want encourage all of you to be
as creative as possible.

I neglected to bring a camera so I have no personal pictures.  If anyone
took pictures I would appreciate it if you would mail them to me and I will
make them available on the net.  Thanks.

If you have any questions about SMART or the RCX challenge, either post them
here or email me or Ray.

Gus