IMPORTANT: Possible SMART Crossroads Event Rescheduling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2006 00:42:32 GMT

Hi Everyone,

It turns out that the selected day for the SMART Crossroads event, April 15, is
very bad for me.  This is a big deal since we are going to be putting up the
Crate Contraption/Great Ball Contraption at this event.  Not only is it bad for
me, it is going to be bad for the kids from the school where I volunteer since
they are currently working on their own GBC devices.  The school's spring break
starts the weekend before and extends into the following week.

My question:
Would any of you mind if we attempted to reschedule this event for one or more
weeks later?  Keep in mind; this would impact the Easter egg tie.

I know David is opposed to the change and if others agree with David then we
will have to stick with the scheduled date.  If other dates work for you or if
they work better then please let me know.

Either respond by posting here or by emailing me (GustavJ elephant-trunk-a msn
dot com )

Speaking of the GBC:
I went to the Bellevue Square LEGO store on Saturday and found a lot of useful
pieces for making GBC devices.  Most notably they had a smooth quarter barrel
pieces that result in a barrel shape that would have a diameter of 8 and
something like 6 bricks high.  I spent an hour or so and come up with a simple
GBC device that used them and was able to envision several other possible uses.
They also had some blue slope bricks that have a very slight slope and no studs
on top.

http://www.ldraw.org/library/updates/view0404/30562.png

http://img.lugnet.com/ld/4515.gif

In addition to these potentially useful pieces, they had a lot of smooth tiles
and several variations of roof slope bricks that could also be useful.

Thanks for your time and please let me know what you think about the possible
rescheduling.

Gus