  NELUG Table #1

OK I finished our first table (minus paint). I basically took the parts of the designs from other clubs that I liked and through them together. Here are the stats. 1. Dimensions 40.25" x 40.25" (4 32x32 baseplates by 4 32x32 baseplates) 2. Hieght (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Table #1

Eric, That looks fantastic! I love the aesthetic appearance of the baseplates taking up the entire surface, it really gives a great impression. I'm very excited to see how it looks! Quickqestion, though - it looks like the bolt heads aren't quite (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Table #1

(...) Well you are right in that the bolts are not countersunk but that is because it is not necessary. All of the bolt holes in all of the tables are going to line up so the bolts will actually be used to hold the tables together. You can't tell in (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Table #1

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:G3CnAn.1zI@lugnet.com... (...) setup (...) about (...) Cool, I'll be sure to keep that open so I can be there to help out. What's the location (realtive to Wenham??) (...) it (...) long. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Table #1

(...) Here are the directions as printed in the Greenburg flyer: The Shriners Auditorium is located 12 miles north of Boston. Take I-93 to Exit 39, turn right onto Concord Street, go 1/4 mile then turn left on Fordham Road. For you Tim it is about (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Table #1

(...) Only because the ferocity with which your General's wife ripped his trousers off left him with no other option for covering himself. eric (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Table #1

(...) You might want to ask Eric J. if his Brikwars medic can help out - I think that he wears a skirt ;) -s (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Table #1

(*still struggling and trying to think of a suitable retort*) "where's all this smoke coming from?" -s (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Table #1

(...) Watch out! Most shows will require that table skirts are fireproof, and further, that you be able to prove it to their satisfaction, (as in... they still have their original tagging on them). Cutting sheets will NOT work. You may get away with (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Table #1

(...) Not fireproof. (...) Not fireproof. Can be hung as a banner above the layout but not used for table skirting. ++Lar (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Table Skirts (was: Re: NELUG Table #1)

Just wondering if some of you that are "train show experianced" could help us out in terms of Table Skirts. We need to get Table Skirts for our upcomming Show and would like advice as to what the rest of you use and where you bought them and how (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NELUG Table #1

Hello Eric, I recently asked the same question, just check out the replies to (URL) our (Northern Alberta LUG) first show, we were not required to use fire retardant material, so we used Walmart plastic table cloth. At $cdn1.99 each they were a (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Table Skirts (was: Re: NELUG Table #1)

You know I hear this fire proof stuff a lot from people here on LUGNET but have never been asked to provided fire proof skirts at any shows the NGLTC has done, Greenberg, GATS or even the NMRA shows. Maybe the fire standards are slacker in the south (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Table Skirts (was: Re: NELUG Table #1)

PNLTC uses black costume taffeta picked up at fabric stores -- right now it's a steal as it should be on close-out after Halloween. Also confirming, we've never been asked to show a fire rating -- and that's displaying with a great range in nature (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)